Absence and Tardy Policy
Arriving at School
School begins at 7:55am. Students should arrive no earlier than 7:30am (unless the student has registered and paid for AM care in which case, the student may arrive as early as 6:30am). Students who are late to school must be signed in by their parents/guardians in the main office or elementary entrance.
Excused tardies are expected to be infrequent and/or non-recurring.
- Family emergency
- Medical appointment verified with doctor’s note
- Administrative discretion
Unexcused tardiness will result in the following consequences:
- Because a teacher cannot interrupt instruction of the entire class when a student is tardy, the student will be required to stay after school to get the missed instruction for that day.
- Every third unexcused tardy will result in Saturday Detention. Should the student fail to attend Saturday Detention, a meeting will be held with the family and Principal.
- Excessive tardies may result in disciplinary action taken by administration, including but not limited to, lunch detention, Saturday Detention or loss of extra-curricular privileges.
- Students who enter school ANY TIME after 7:50am MUST be signed in by an adult at the FRONT DESK in the main office.
Students are considered tardy when they are not in the proper class with all materials necessary for that class period when the bell rings. All tardies will be cumulative for all classes throughout the semester. After 1st period, tardies are a teacher/room discipline issue and will be monitored and managed with the behavior card/Class Dojo.
- Illness of the student
- Family emergency/death
- Medical appointment verified by a doctor’s note
- Family emergency when the family makes prior arrangements
- Out of school suspensions
- Verified religious holidays
- Administrator discretion
If the student returns to school without a note explaining the reason for the absence from the parent/guardian.
If the parent or guardian has failed to provide a doctor’s note upon the request of the school administrator.Unexcused absences will result in disciplinary action.